COVID-19 Research at ideSHi
ideSHi has been gathering international multilingual scientific findings and knowledge on COVID-19. Our researchers have been actively working in collaboration with international and national research organizations. Some research projects on COVID-19 in which ideSHi is working are as follows:
· Observation of immunological response protecting COVID-19 among symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
· Investigation of COVID-19 antibody response among COVID-19 positive patients.
· Investigation of COVID-19 antibody response among COVID-19 vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals.
· Investigation of COVID-19 genomic epidemiology and detection of new variants circulating in Bangladesh by whole genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2.
· Investigation of correlation of antimicrobial resistance and COVID-19 among Rohingya and Bangladeshi people.
· Evaluation of performance of saliva for COVID-19 diagnosis
· Performance evaluation of several Antigen kits for rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 from Nasopharyngeal specimen.
· Investigation of Viral load and clinical manifestations among COVID-19 symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
COVID-19 RT-PCR Kit Validation at ideSHi
At ideSHi, we have been working on performance evaluation of different commercial kits for COVID-19 RT-PCR with maintaining WHO and CDC guidelines. We evaluated the sensitivity and specificity of the RT-PCR kit for COVID-19. Upon our successful evaluation, the two companies got approval for production and commercial use from the Directorate General of Drug Administration (DGDA).
Evaluated RT-PCR kit for COVID-19:
· OMC Healthcare (Pvt.): RealDetect COVID-19 RT-PCR Kit
· AFC Agro Biotech Ltd: AFC ABL COVID-19 Real-Time RT-PCR kit and AFC ABL Viral RNA Extraction Kit