Working for the Institute for developing Science and Health Initiatives (ideSHi) offers a unique opportunity to gain scientific experience and develop skills in the research sector. In collaboration with Jason B Harris and Regina C LaRocque laboratory from Mass General Hospital, USA, ideSHi has issued a circular for Global Health Fellow in Bangladesh tenable from 1st of September, 2021 for 12 month period.
The fellow will carry out research on infectious diseases including enteric, respiratory and/or mycobacterial diseases, and will also have the opportunity to work with Genomics using Nanopore and Illumina. This fellowship may be the desired opportunity for those who are eligible and planning their future career.
Applications are invited and shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview. The fellowship will include a lucrative monthly scholarship, extensive laboratory training involving state of art technologies, visits to international partner laboratories for higher-level training, and other opportunities such as attending national and international conferences. Satisfactory performance may lead to a permanent position at the institute.
The deadline for application is the 21st of August 2021. To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of positions available: 1
- Master's in microbiology/Molecular biology with mandatory four/three years equivalent undergrad degree in Microbiology from a recognized National or International university. Candidates with only MSc should have PhD or MPhil degree in addition to MSc.
- MBBS from a recognized Medical College or University with M. Phil in Microbiology. However, for special candidates with MSc/MBBS with Mphil, Mphil can be relaxed if they have outstanding educational qualifications and experience in the relevant field.
- Proven 3 years specific experience in Microbiology and at least one peer-reviewed international publication where your Microbiological skill is evident.
Job Profile and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the core laboratory personnel in microbiology and molecular biology laboratory experiments
- Consult with other scientists on study design, identifying elements from their data, and suggest alternative approaches.
- Communicate with partner collaborators
- Provide support and maintenance for existing applications; participate in production support, installation, testing, and setup.
- Train laboratory personnel’s
- Generate laboratory reports
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned by the Supervisor